Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Nyx Soho Glam #S116 Palatte REVIEW

This palatte is the first NYX product I have ever purchased. I bought it directly from the company at http://www.nyxcosmetics.com. I had a little trouble with my order- my net was running slowly that day and the order went through twice. I contacted them when I realized my error, and they immediately rectified the problem and refunded my account without question. I was very pleased with the customer service, and their shipping/packaging was impeccable.

I was honestly a little skeptical because of the great price, but I'd seen Nyx advertised on a TV show I watch faithfully, and had also heard good things on YouTube, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I am very pleasantly surprised and extremely happy with this makeup!

The shadows are generously pigmented, of a silky consistency, go on easily/smoothly and are very long lasting. I went appx. 10 hours with no significant fading or creasing you'd expect after that amount of time. I used the darkest brown and the dark eggplant as eyeliner put on with an angled brush, and it stayed all day as well. The color assortment is very nice for creating day to day looks as well as some nice evening looks- there are both matte and shimmer shadows included.

The blushes are also highly pigmented on my fair skin- a little goes a long way, and it is fairly long lasting as well, appx 6-8 hours without touch-up. Unfortunately the colors aren't labeled, but the two on the left work great for me.

As far as the lip gloss pots, I really like the color assortment and they go very well with the shadows/blushes. They go on very smoothly and last a considerably good length of time. The tubes didn't last quite as long, as they came off after sipping a straw. (You may want to simply use them over another lipstick or gloss for more shine if you don't mind reapplying or won't be eating/drinking.) The lipliner goes on smoothly, and is long lasting, I'd like to purchase some of their other colors in the future to try.

Bottom Line: I LOVE THIS!!! I am using this palatte exclusively for daily wear now. I will definitely continue to purchase products from this company to try. They offer a variety of palattes, as well as single products- I highly recommend trying them!

No comments:

Post a Comment