Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Finger Paints Nail Polish - REVIEW

I purchased Finger Paints Nail Polish in "Hue Left a Message" (pink glitter) and "Guggen I'm Lime" (green) on Clearance at Sally Beauty Supply for $1.99 each (Original Price- $4.99). The color range available is fairly expansive.


I used the lime solid on a friend. The polish was a tad on the watery side, but went on smoothly and covered in 2 coats. I followed it up with a light brushing of another brand glittery polish and my "Tough Coat" clear top coat as usual. The color looked very nice and was smooth and streak-free when dry.

The polish did not chip at all, but even worse, the color peeled off friend's pinky toe the following day in one solid piece, followed by the pinky finger a few hours later! We were both pretty disappointed. I guess you get what you pay for, perhaps that is exactly why they were on clearance...

Bottom Line: Ok for short term use (a one evening event with little wear and tear on the nails) but definitely not recommended for long term, daily use.

No comments:

Post a Comment