Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Unpacked and Ready for Adventure!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend! I spent it moving and unpacking in my new hometown. I hadn't had an opportunity to really scope out the neighborhood too much until Sunday. There is an older historic part of town with several independent fashion boutiques, salons and cafe/bistros, as well as the new shopping district which has everything and anything you can think of (ex: TJ Maxx, Kohl's, Fashion Bug, Sally Beauty Supply, Walgreens, Michael's Crafts, Hobby Lobby etc etc etc). Within 10 miles there is a zoo, an art museum, a baseball stadium, a historic fort, several parks, a river for fishing or boating... I really like it here so far! Now to find a part-time job and get enrolled in cosmetology school :)

As far as my continuing quest to drop the old tomboy facade, I have been trolling Nyx Cosmetics and am fairly sure I will be ordering their "Nyx Makeup Set Soho Glam Collection #S116" boxed kit. I've heard good things about the products and the prices are very reasonable. There are several different all-inclusive kits to choose from, as well as travel sized eye/lip mini-sets. I will definitely be writing a review on it once it arrives.

I am also on the look-out for a set of brushes. I saw this Face Secrets set at Sally, and the girl working there said she'd heard positive feedback from customers. I figure I will give them a shot. If you happen to have a different suggestion, please comment below!

I am going to pour some iced tea and go sit out on the balcony- it's finally quit raining and is a beautiful, sunny day. Don't forget the sunscreen!

No comments:

Post a Comment